Traditional and unusual varieties of fruit and vegetables
for local markets.
The Red Leaf Farm Co-operative is a newly formed business based in the Tamar valley.
Our intention is to grow unusual and heritage varieties of fruit and vegetables for local restaurants and retailers.
As a small business we will be as responsive as possible to our customer’s needs, providing friendly, efficient service and consistent high quality.
We are not large-scale commercial growers but we are a well organised professionally run co-operative committed to maintaining the highest standards. Building on the heritage of the Tamar Valley we are looking forward to offering the best possible service to our customers and growing some really lovely food!
Our values are very important to us and very simple;
- Everything we do will be wholly sustainable and as environmentally sensitive as possible. We aim to improve the land, not to deplete its resources.
- We will always value quality over quantity and taste over size and appearance.
- All our produce will be sold within 20 miles of where it has been grown. Food smiles not food miles.
- We are interested in planning for the future by learning from the past, recognising and maintaining the traditional values of the area, while growing for the constantly changing modern market.
- In celebration of diversity, we will be growing food that perhaps you never knew you needed, but will always want again!
- There has probably never been as much pressure on traditional agriculture as there is now. We are convinced that the growth in consumption of locally grown food will be a key part in the solution to the challenges we all face, and there is clear evidence of increasing demand for the kinds of food we will be producing.